Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Resolved




I wanted to talk a little bit about my piece titled "Resolved" and what inspired me to create this. In following the story of Laura Ling and Euna Lee, I was moved by the recent resolution. The humanitarian acts of President Obama and former President Clinton inspired me to create this piece.

I do not want this to spark any sort of political debate, but rather I hope you can see the beauty of freedom that we have in this country. My use of the vibrant red color is what I hoped would be a symbol of the chaos and turmoil of what could have become of the journalists' sentence. Additionally, the bird in the right hand corner represented the freedom that we Americans are entitled to. I am specifically referring to the ability to be as free as a bird in our creativity and thoughts.

Can you spot which figure represents former President Clinton and the rescued journalists?

Please share your thoughts on this piece in the comments section.

-LV

No comments:

Post a Comment